click click click

Friday, April 27, 2012

Chocolate Discovery: Patchi

I'm always grateful for family and friends visiting.  Whenever that happens, the Husband and I would request for them to bring something we don't have here in Sydney.


One of our requests to my Mum was to bring us a couple of Patchi chocolates.  We've heard about this chocolate for a couple of months now.  We have them in Melbourne (Shop 203, Level 2, Melbourne Central, 211 La Trobe Street) but not in Sydney.  
Chocolate Discovery: Patchi
Chocolate Discovery: Patchi



I requested my Mum to buy us a few bars, specifically the Milk, Dark and White.  One of each was enough for my Husband and I to enjoy and know what this brand is all about.  My Mum also bought a small pack small chocolates to the mix.
Chocolate Discovery: Patchi


We tasted the white chocolate bar first (when tasting food, start with the ones with less flavours), Patchi Harmonie: White Chocolate filled with rice crispy and hazelnut.  Biased aside (I'm a white chocolate fan), this was the best from all the three bars we've tasted.  It was creamy, smooth and the sweetness does not overwhelm.  The fusion of rice crispy and hazelnut brought substance to this chocolate.
Chocolate Discovery: Patchi


Next was the Patchi Finesse: plain milk chocolate.  While I appreciate the smoothness of their chocolate in general there's nothing spectacular with this bar.  I sense a blandness when I ate a few more blocks and at one time realized that it reminded me of Goya chocolate.
Chocolate Discovery: Patchi


Always in search of the best dark chocolate, we tried the Patchi Noblesse: dark chocolate with 70% cocoa.   To the Husband's tastebuds, this fell short of expectations.  There's that smooth consistency once more but we felt it was lacking in cocoa.  The Husband being a fan of dark chocolate, wants the strong and bitter chocolate taste.  On the other hand, I told him that if there was one dark chocolate I could, this would be it.    
Chocolate Discovery: Patchi


The small pack of chocolates turned out to be milk chocolates.  However, compared to the Patchi Finesse, these ones tasted better.  It was more creamy and sweet.  It was small but packed with milk chocolate.
Chocolate Discovery: Patchi
Chocolate Discovery: Patchi


In case we come across a Patchi store, we'll definitely buy the Patchi Harmonie and the small milk chocolates. 


The Patchi chocolates featured in this article were bought in Greenbelt 5, Makati City, Philippines.